Delivering World-Class Connections and Hybrid IT Solutions
Demand is intensifying for high-speed transpacific network connectivity as existing undersea cable systems age or reach full capacity. U.S. organizations continue to expand their interests in emerging, high-growth Asian markets as their Asian counterparts exploit similar opportunities in the U.S.
ViaWest is proud to be selected as the North American conduit to two new submarine cable systems that will enable faster, expanded data connections in the Asia-Pacific region. As the North American landing point for the New Cross Pacific and Hawaiki submarine cable networks in development, ViaWest’s Brookwood data center in Hillsboro, Ore. will provide the U.S. foundation to support increasing requirements for low-latency connectivity between the U.S., Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Together, these cables will provide access to additional international carriers from any of ViaWest’s 41 data centers across the U.S.
New Cross Pacific Submarine Cable
Connecting the Northwestern U.S. and mainland China, Taiwan, Japan and South Korea with capacity of 80 terabits per second, the New Cross Pacific cable is the fastest, low-latency, fiber-optic cable in development, with advanced amplification technologies for improved performance and reliability.
Hawaiki Submarine Cable
The first carrier-neutral, fiber optic connection linking Australia, New Zealand and American Samoa to mainland U.S. and Hawaii, the Hawaiki cable is designed with capacity of 43 terabits per second.
The Brookwood data center is also home to a ViaWest cloud node, which allows clients to host workloads in public, virtual private, fully private and hybrid infrastructure environments. As a Generation 4 facility, the Brookwood data center can accommodate extremely high-density power requirements and industry-leading cooling efficiencies for the most demanding workloads.
Transpacific Connectivity Features
Fiber-Optic Hub for Hybrid IT
- Direct access to the ViaWest 100 Gbps backbone network and Brookwood cloud node
- 100% availability service level agreement for power, bandwidth and network services
- World-class colocation space and services in ViaWest’s Brookwood and Hillsboro data centers in Oregon
- 24/7 on-site support
Benefits of Transpacific Connectivity
Broadening Asia-Pacific Market Expansion Opportunities
- Reliable fiber network access to and from the fast-growing Asia-Pacific region
- Connectivity with other existing and planned transpacific cable systems
- Extremely low-latency access to ViaWest hybrid cloud resources
- Expanded service provider options including direct access to hyperscale cloud providers
- Access to other ViaWest IT solutions including colocation, managed IP bandwidth and compliant-ready services