Geographic Proximity for Increasing Connectivity Demands
The Internet of Things and rich media content delivery to mobile devices is expected to swell to unprecedented levels in the blink of an eye. By 2020, there will be 20 billion active internet-connected devices globally, causing bandwidth demand to soar. But by shifting content closer to user communities in markets typically underserved by data center and telecom service providers, ViaWest can relieve network constraints from businesses and consumers seeking faster anytime, anywhere access to high-quality content.
As you embark on your edge data center strategy, consider partnering with an IT infrastructure services provider with the right technology, people power and performance record to enable delivery of a first-rate online content experience. ViaWest offers a unique combination of hybrid IT solutions with both global reach and local market coverage. This allows you to bypass high costs and potential network bottlenecks associated with connecting to an internet peering exchange in a major metropolitan area.
We’ll work with you to ensure your edge data center solution delivers superior, low-latency mobile content and rich-media experiences your users expect, while lowering your costs, improving efficiencies and future-proofing your network for IoT growth. ViaWest partners with you to assess your organization’s requirements and design a HybridEdge solution that provides maximum uptime and availability. Our 100 Gbps core network backbone – scalable to 400 Gbps – is built with the most demanding user needs in mind to accommodate large traffic spikes without sacrificing connectivity, latency or application performance.
With 41 data centers in 21 geographically diverse regions, ViaWest can provide a broad range of tailored solutions from colocation and network to security and cloud, including direct connectivity to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
Uniquely Equipped for Your Edge Strategy
- 41 connectivity-rich data centers across 21 markets
- Tailored colocation, low-latency network connectivity, security and cloud solutions
- Future-proof, fault-tolerant connectivity by design
- Industry-leading network backbone capacity of 100 Gbps, scalable to 400 Gbps
- 3 Tb total network capacity
- Proactive Layer 3 and Layer 4 DDoS network protection
- 80+ on-net carriers
- 100% uptime guarantee
Geographic Proximity Advantages
- Fewer single points of failure and service interruptions
- Better streaming experience for users, faster downloads and faster IoT processing
- Significant savings by eliminating skyrocketing long-haul data transport costs
Benefits of HybridEdge for Your Business
- Provide users with a first-rate online content experience
- Connect more users across your markets
- Bolster redundancy
- Avoid network congestion