Peak 10, Inc. and its affiliated entities ("Peak 10") has published this acceptable use policy ("AUP") in an effort to provide reliable, high-quality service to our clients. By using Peak 10’s services or network, you agree to the latest version of this AUP. We may modify this policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Peak 10 website.
Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive ConductYou may not use Peak 10's services or network for illegal purposes or to take actions that are infringing, offensive, fraudulent or harmful to the Peak 10 network or others. Examples of prohibited activities include any use of the Peak 10 services or network:
- in violation of any applicable local, state, or federal law or regulation;
- in a manner that infringes or may infringe upon any copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, or other types of intellectual property;
- to transmit offensive or threatening materials, including materials that are obscene, pornographic, defamatory, libelous, abusive, hateful, excessively violent, or otherwise inappropriate;
- to export software to points outside the United States in violation of applicable export control laws;
- to transmit fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading materials or to advance any type of financial scam;
- to transmit any materials that harass another person or entity;
- to transmit viruses, Trojan horses, or other materials or components harmful to any network or equipment or other users or third parties; or
- in a manner that exposes or may expose Peak 10, its clients, partners, or vendors, or any other person or entity using the Peak 10 network to abuse, complaints, retaliation, connectivity issues, or other negative impact.
Network, Application and System SecurityYou may not use Peak 10's services or network to violate, monitor or interfere with, or to attempt to violate, monitor or interfere with, the security or reliability of any network, service, data, or other system without proper authorization. Examples of prohibited activities include any attempt to:
- access any network, service, data, or other system that you are not authorized to access;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any network, service, or system without proper authorization;
- breach any security or authentication measures;
- monitor data or traffic on any network or system without proper authorization or in a manner that disrupts or impairs the network or system;
- interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of overloading, mailbombing, flooding, crushing, or any denial of service attacks;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail message or a newsgroup posting;
- attempt any action designed to circumvent or alter any method of measuring or billing for services; or
- use the account name of another person without proper authorization.
- removing, disabling access to, or suspending Services;
- disconnecting a host from the network and preparing for investigative services;
- reporting to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties any activity that Peak 10 believes may violate any applicable law or regulation; and
- cooperating with law enforcement agencies and regulators to assist with any investigation and/or prosecution.
Abuse ViolationsNo spam. You may not use Peak 10's services or network to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail messages (commonly known as "spam"). In addition, you may not use the services or network of another provider to send spam or to promote a site hosted on or associated with Peak 10's services or network. Newsgroups and Online Forums. All postings to newsgroups and online forums must comply with the written charters, rules, or FAQs for that group. You are responsible for determining the policies of a newsgroup or online forum before posting to it. In addition, you may not attempt to flood or disrupt the newsgroups. Web Pages. As part of the services, Peak 10 may provide web hosting services. You are solely responsible for any content that you publish or display on your web pages or web site, including ensuring that the content complies with the terms of this AUP. Content. Peak 10 is not responsible for any material created, stored, distributed or accessible on or through the services. Peak 10 is not obligated to monitor or exercise any editorial control over such material, but reserves the right to do so. Peak 10 reserves the right to block access to such material and suspend or terminate services in the event Peak 10 determines, in its sole discretion, that any materials may expose Peak 10 to civil or criminal liability. To the extent you use cloud-related services, all Microsoft® licenses must be provided by Peak 10 unless specifically approved by Peak 10. In all events, you will provide Peak 10 with a count of all Microsoft licenses used by you in connection with the services.
AttacksIf you are using Peak 10 network services and:
- you are the subject of a network attack, such as a DDoS attack, that is large enough to affect network traffic, or
- your server and/or application is compromised;